Principal Systems Engineer
Opportunities available in Burlington, MA and greater San Diego, CA
As a Systems Engineer with Foliage, you will take full responsibility for the overall technical integrity of software and multi-disciplinary product development projects for clients in a broad range of industries including Medical, Industrial Equipment and Aerospace. Our clients include start-ups, mid-size and large multinational corporations that value our experienced, flexible and innovative staff.
The Systems Engineer performs requirements assessment, functional architecture design, technical risk mitigation, interface definition, system performance evaluation, test and verification, and standards compliance analysis. Additionally, you will support business development, requirements gathering, and project planning and definition.
- Meet with clients to formulate detailed requirements that will drive product design
- Collaborate with project engineers to develop architectures, allocate requirements, define interfaces, perform engineering tradeoffs, identify and mitigate technical risks, assess performance, and verify compliance with requirements and applicable standards and processes
- Provide technical oversight to a multi-disciplinary team throughout the development and delivery process through release to manufacturing
- Support the Project Manager in achieving overall project objectives including cost and schedule
- Support project planning and estimation
- 7+ years’ experience in Engineering design and development
- 8+ years of additional experience in an Engineering leadership role for multi-disciplinary design, development and delivery of products across the full development lifecycle
- Completion of one or more end-to-end embedded HW or SW full cyle product developments
- 5+ years of experience working within a formal engineering quality process, regulated preferred
- Familiarity with electronic, mechanical and software development practices
- Excellent communication skills in technical, business and client interactions
- B.S. or M.S. preferred in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or a related discipline